Fischer & Rechsteiner is a company that has been operating in the field of international freight forwarding and logistics since 1870! Our history is a heritage to invest in the future!
The Fischer & Rechsteiner brand was born in Venice. The company, founded by Mr Fischer and Mr Friedrich Rechsteiner, was active in the banking and forwarding sector, with branches throughout Europe.
Fischer & Rechsteiner is founded in Switzerland as the first Forwarding House in Chiasso, coinciding with the inauguration of the Lucerne-Milan railway line.
At the beginning of the 20th century it is transformed into "Successors Fischer & Rechsteiner", and then it takes on - again in Switzerland - the name "Fischer & Rechsteiner SA".
On April 29, 1953 Fischer & Rechsteiner Sas of Lecco (Italy) is established with the first renewal of the brand and the commercial logo. The two founding members are Giancarlo Riva (born in 1927) and Aquilino Ripamonti (born in 1929) to which is added Fischer & Rechsteiner SA of Chiasso (Switzerland).
In Italy, just after the Second World War, Fischer & Rechsteiner SA of Chiasso had opened its own presence in Italy which is subsequently given legal autonomy by the parent company with the establishment in 1965 of Fischer & Rechsteiner Spa based in Milan which in over the years it came to have fourteen branches until the business ceased in the summer of 2000.
Fischer & Rechsteiner of Lecco moves to Valmadrera, on the Lecco / Milan route, which over the years has become a very industrialized area. Large, modern and well-equipped offices and warehouses are built here.
- Fischer & Rechsteiner creates Sigma Speedy Services Sarl, a joint venture in Beirut (Lebanon) with a local partner.
- Fischer & Rechsteiner acquires a minority stake in Intermar Sarl international freight forwarder of Tunis (Tunisia), subsequently sold in 2014.
The company logo was renewed.
- Fischer & Rechsteiner acquires the qualification of IATA Agent, specific for air traffic.
- Fischer & Rechsteiner participates with a minority share in the establishment of “EAFF Elias Ayiotis F.F. LTD”, an international forwarding company based in Limassol (Cyprus).
2001 e 2003
Fischer & Rechsteiner obtains the UNI EN ISO 9002 Quality Certification and in May 2003 obtains the transition to UNI EN ISO 9001: 2000 (VISION 2000).
Our company form is changed into S.P.A. adopting the name "Fischer & Rechsteiner Company Spa".
Fischer & Rechsteiner opens its own presence in Brazil, in the town of Jundiaí, state of Sao Paulo.
Fischer & Rechsteiner obtains the status of AEO, Authorized Economic Operator.
After years of presence on the local market through agents and partnerships, Fischer & Rechsteiner Tunisie Sarl is created in Tunisia.
Fischer & Rechsteiner Company Spa acquires Fischer & Rechsteiner SA of Chiasso, and from this date it is the sole owner of the Brand / Trade Mark Fischer & Rechsteiner.
- Renewal of the company logo, banner of a modern and professional group.
- Creation of “Jetway Supply Chain Corporation”, a joint venture with Chinese and Korean partners based in Shanghai..
- Fischer & Rechsteiner creates "2F Air Cargo Sarl", a joint venture in Tunis (Tunisia) for the airfreight business development on the local market.
- The presence in Brazil is enhanced thanks to a corporate agreement with a local company specialized in transports, logistics and customs clearance.
Let's celebrate 150 years of our BRAND!
2022: our presence is relaunched in Tunisia with the renewed company FR INTERNATIONAL TUNISIE S.a.r.l. which relies on competent staff, with a deep knowledge of the local reality and fluent in Arabic, Italian, French and English .
2023: Fischer & Rechsteiner celebrates the 70th anniversary of its establishment as an Italian company in Lecco .